Make the transaction
The cost per Tourist Card is $109 AUD plus $9 for a standard postage within Australia. For more postage fee options, please find them at the bottom of the page.
The payment must be exact. If there are more than one applicant and live in the same address, they must pay for only one envelope.
Account details as follows:
Name: CONSULATE OF CUBA
BSB: 882-000 Account Number: 100151162
Please, don’t forget to include your name in the description of your transaction.
Send us your documents
Send us an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org enclosing the required documents from Step 1, along with the transaction receipt.
About documents and time frame
If applicants fulfill all the required documents, the visa may be issued in two working days or even less time once the bank transference has been uploaded to “Consulate of Cuba” account. The arrival time of the visa depends on the postage option selected from the Australia Post Network.
Note: Due to the volume of requests, the Consulate is currently prioritizing people traveling in the next few days. Your tourist card will be issued before you leave Australia. Be patient.
be updated on the status of your tourist card
The information supplied in the email field of the app form, will be used for sending notifications regarding the status (received documentation, payment completed and tourist card issued) of the Tourist Card granting process.
about the tourist card
- The Tourist Card is a document with security marks. You don’t have to stick it on the passport, just keep it inside.
- The Tourist Card is a single-entry visa which allows travelers to enter Cuba for touristic purposes for a maximum stay of 90 days starting from the date of entry to Cuba.
- The Tourist Card can be extended for another 90 days while in Cuba, at an Immigration Office.
- The Tourist Card is non transferable and non refundable.
about postage and delivery
- The delivery company that our office uses is Australia Post. By completing in the app form “Address for sending the visa” section, the client agrees with the terms and conditions of Australia Post services. Click here to visit its website.
- Envelopes can only be delivered within Australia’s territory.
- The Consulate of Cuba takes no responsibility in case of delayed deliveries or lost envelopes.
- Those who are applying as a group, must pay only one postage fee. Then, visas will be sent together to the same address.
- Clients can select the type of preferred envelope:
Filling out the app form
The form is a .pdf file prepared for making the process easy and secure.
Some tips for filling it out successfully:
- Download the .pdf document to your local PC
- Open it with a pdf reader (Acrobat, Foxit or others)
- Complete all the fields
- Click in the “Save as” button and rename the file.
If you don’t have any PDF reader on your computer, you can use the app online for free: “PDFEscape” (Click here)
* Please, note that neither scanned nor modified application form will be accepted.
travelling directly via united states
Please notice that we don’t issue Tourist Cards to people entering Cuba from the United States.
For further information about how to travel from the United States go to FAQs section
ABOUT PERSONAL DATA PROVIDED
All the data provided to the Consulate of Cuba will be used exclusively for the visa process, and will always remain confidential.